By providing your payment method details to the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) and selecting direct debit as your payment arrangement, you accept and acknowledge that these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply to payment of your membership with VCCI (Membership) and you are authorised to establish this payment arrangement.
These Terms and Conditions, together with your applicable Membership terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between us and you.
Terms and Conditions
1. VCCI will arrange for funds to be debited (by your financial institution or other payment service provider) from your relevant account in payment of amounts you owe to VCCI for your Membership, either monthly or quarterly as selected by You at the time of Membership purchase.
2. Where you have chosen monthly direct debit, the first monthly payment will be debited after your membership anniversary date. The date you agree to these Terms and Conditions will be the date that you are debited each month.
3. We may change the amount or frequency of the agreed direct debit drawings by notifying you in writing at least 14 calendar days prior to the direct debit date.
4. We reserve the right to cancel your direct debit arrangement at any time if any direct debit transaction is dishonoured by your nominated financial institution or is otherwise unsuccessful. You must pay your outstanding fee using another payment method that is approved by VCCI within five (5) business days.
5. Where there has been one or more unsuccessful attempts to take payment, you may be charged a dishonour fee by your financial institution and/or VCCI to cover reasonable administration and processing costs.
6. Subject to clause 7, you may terminate your direct debit arrangement at any time by giving written notice directly to us and to your nominated financial institution no less than seven (7) business days prior to the next due date.
7. The balance of all outstanding fees will be due and payable within seven (7) days of terminating the direct debit.
8. Where you consider that your account has been debited incorrectly you may take the matter up directly with us, or lodge a Direct Debit Claim through your nominated financial institution.
9. You should check with your financial institution that direct debiting is available through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BEC), from the account you have given us. You should check that the account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that the authorisation given to us to make direct debits is in accordance with the account signing instruction held by the financial institution where your nominated account is based. If the account requires joint or multiple signatures for withdrawals all such signatories must sign this direct debit request; if you are uncertain on how to complete the Direct Debit Request, please check with your financial institution.
11. If you are uncertain as to when a direct debit for your Membership will be processed by your financial institution or any other payment service provider, you should contact them directly.
12. It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are available in the nominated account to meet a direct debit on its due date.
13. You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct. If the designated amount is not debited from your account, it is your sole responsibility to contact us.
14. It is your responsibility to advise us if the account nominated by you to be debited has changed, is transferred or closed.
15. It is your responsibility to arrange with us a suitable alternate payment method if you cancel your direct debit arrangement.
16. If there are insufficient cleared funds in your account to meet a direct debit payment, we will retry in 48 hours.
17. If a direct debit payment is dishonoured by your financial institution and not paid within 30 calendar days of its due date, your Membership will be suspended with effect from the 15th day of the month following the due date of the direct debit.
18. If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify VCCI directly on 03 8662 5323 and provide notice in writing to us as soon as possible, so that we can resolve your query quickly.
19. If we conclude as a result of our investigation that your account has been incorrectly debited by VCCI, we will refund the incorrect amount either by cheque or by electronic funds transfer (at our discretion) directly to your account within 14 calendar days. Should our investigation conclude your account has been incorrectly debited by a financial institution we will request that it adjust your account (including interest and charges) and advise you in writing accordingly.
20. If we conclude as a result of our investigation that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing written reasons for our finding.
21. Any queries you may have about an error made in debiting your account should be directed to us in the first instance so that we can attempt to resolve the matter. If we cannot resolve the matter you can still refer it to your financial institution.
Confidentiality, Disclosure and Privacy
22. We will keep any sensitive information regarding your direct debit arrangement (including your account details) confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
23. We will only disclose information that we have about you: (a) to the extent specifically required or authorised by law; or (b) for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim); or (c) with your express written consent.
25. If you wish to notify us in writing about anything relating to your direct debit arrangement, you should write to:
Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
GPO Box 4352
Melbourne, VIC, 3001
26. We may notify you of anything relating to these Terms and Conditions by sending a notice by email, facsimile or in the ordinary post to the email address, telephone number or street or post office box address provided by you to us at the time of Membership purchase or any different address, telephone number or email address that you subsequently provide to us.
27. Any notice sent in the ordinary post will be deemed to have been received two business days after it is posted. Any notice sent by email will be deemed to have been received on the day it was sent unless we receive an email notification that indicates it has not been received. Any notice sent by facsimile will be deemed to have been received on the day it is sent unless we receive a facsimile transmission report that indicates it has not been received.
28. VCCI may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If we consider that the changes will impact you adversely, we will provide you with at least 14 calendar days’ notice in the manner identified in clause 26.
29. In these Terms and Conditions (unless otherwise stipulated):
“account” refers to the credit or debit account held at your financial institution from which we are authorised to arrange funds to be debited.
“we”, “our”, “VCCI” and “us” refers to the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“you” and “your” refers to the company, individual or organisation that has signed up for a Membership and agreed to pay via direct debit.