Have you been impacted by the bushfires?

Bushfires can have a devastating impact on affected communities and businesses. In times of need the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments, and other organisations, offer a range of business support and emergency assistance payments. Make sure you have access to the most current information and receive the support you need.

Where to get help

For all incident and relief and recovery information, including both Victorian and Commonwealth Government assistance, please visit Emergency Victoria.

Small Business Bushfire Recovery Grants Victoria

Small Business Bushfire Recovery Grants Victoria closed on 31 December 2020. The program was funded by the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments and delivered by the Victorian Chamber. For more information click here.

For information about bushfire recovery for business, including links to further support, visit the Business Victoria website

Victorian Chamber assistance for businesses

Members of the Melbourne Chamber of Commerce have support packages and assistance available to businesses affected by bushfire. Click here to find out more. 

Workplace relations advice

 Special provisions are available to employers whose business is disrupted by the bushfires. To find out about when an employer can stand an employee down, whether they need to be paid, and the difference between a stand down and a shut down, and any workplace relations advice, please contact the Workplace Relations Advice Line; members phone 03 8662 5222, non-members phone 03 8662 5333 or make an online inquiry.

Other assistance

Personal well-being

It is normal to feel anxious or physically, mentally and emotionally unwell after a distressing or frightening event.

Support is available to you and your family from Lifeline (13 11 14), Beyond Blue (1300 22 4636 or online chat) or at any of these services.


The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has set up a national hotline (1800 734 621) for anyone with questions about their bushfire insurance, including helping to link them with their insurer if they have lost their documents. 

Farm support

The Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) makes available to landholders information on bushfire prevention and fire preparedness. Click here to see more.

Primary Producers and Small Rural Business

Rural Financial Counselling Services provide help with:

  • Farm and small business recovery planning
  • Recovery grant and assistance program applications
  • Support payment and loan applications
  • Handling financial matters
  • Connections to other assistance, services and referrals to professional service providers
  • Our services are free and confidential.

1300 834 775 - North East Victoria
1300 045 747 - Gippsland


For all NSW related incident and relief and recovery information, please visit Emergency NSW and Rural Assistance Authority.


Mentoring for small business - Business recovery and resilience mentoring. Apply now.