To celebrate, recognise and reward the hard work, effort and determination of the employers and employees who have ensured that customers, workers and suppliers can all return to COVIDSafe environments, the Victorian Chamber in partnership with the Victorian Government Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions has launched the Victorian COVIDSafe Business Awards.
These awards are being driven by the recent launch of the Victorian Chamber’s Safe In Our Hands campaign, which reinforces how the business community is ready to welcome back customers and clients in a COVIDSafe manner, reassuring those who might have anxiety or concerns around being out in the community. They will showcase the exemplar COVIDSafe businesses and industry leaders who have implemented innovative and commendable COVIDSafe strategies, measures, and plans.
The awards aim to:
- Identify, promote, and reward Victorian businesses demonstrating COVID-19 safety and compliance excellence
- Increase local and national awareness of the breadth of COVID-19 safety and compliance measures
- Increase recognition and respect among businesses to demonstrate excellent COVID-19 safety and compliance
- Celebrate the success of businesses who have evolved during COVID-19.
Some examples of business excellence may include implementing novel and innovative ways of increased mask wearing; increased COVID-19 QR code check ins; new ways of working, training, or employee incentives to be COVIDSafe; streamlining delivery systems; offering click and collect in a new or innovative COVIDSafe way; and appointing a staff member to monitor COVID-19 safety compliance.
Any Victorian business who can demonstrate COVID-19 safety and compliance strategies and measures they have implemented either internally or externally because of the pandemic are encouraged to apply, with the award categories selected to incorporate a diverse a range of industry sectors:
- The Community Award: recognising businesses that have demonstrated and encouraged excellent COVIDSafe practices among or for their customers or the community. This may include a business who has demonstrated best practice COVID-19 safety for customers or are championing COVID-19 safety in the community.
- The Innovation Award: recognising businesses that have excelled at implementing new or innovated COVIDSafe practices, procedures, or ideas. This may include a business who has successfully evolved or innovated to deliver goods or services in a COVIDSafe way in response to COVID-19 or demonstrated best practice COVID-19 safety.
- The Champion Award: recognising outstanding compliance or commitment by an individual within a business to being COVIDSafe. This may include an individual who developed a new COVIDSafe idea or whose role includes being a COVIDSafe Marshall.
A panel of industry leaders across the business and community sectors will assess and score applicants based on the selection criteria. Each category winner will receive a $2,500 VCCI credit for consulting services.
Victorian Chamber Chief Executive Paul Guerra, who will be chairing the judging committee, says these awards are the first of their kind to acknowledge and celebrate the dedication and commitment of Victorian businesses to the COVIDSafe response.
“We’ve suffered more than anyone else in Australia, maybe even the world. Business has done the hard yards to get to where we are today, and these awards will set the stage for Victoria to shine as the leader in COVID-19 safety and compliance measures in Australia and demonstrate the extent of our commitment to business.”
Applications for the Victorian COVIDSafe Business Awards are now open until 18 November 2021. Applicants can self-nominate themselves, their business or be nominated by an employee or external party. All nominations will be reviewed to confirm they meet eligibility requirements before they're assessed by the judging panel. For more information and details on how to enter, click here.