Victoria’s research and development capabilities are well regarded around the world, yet we have so much more opportunity to embrace new ways of working for a more sustainable and successful future. This can be achieved through new partnerships, research, and the development of new products, services, and how we conduct business.
- Increase the adoption rate of innovative technologies by Victorian businesses.
- Increase the number and value of research-business collaborations.
- Increase the translation and commercialisation of research.
- Increase public and private sector investment in research infrastructure and promote greater diversity in the research and innovation workforce.
- Better target Research and Development tax incentives and increase support for direct grant programs that support industry innovation.
- Ensure the regulatory and policy environment supports innovation, including by using government procurement as a strategic lever.
- Increase Victorian business survival rates, growth rates, global competitiveness, and position in global value chains.