The Solar for Business program will cover up to 50 percent of the installation of the cost of a rooftop solar system with small businesses eligible for rebates up to a maximum of $3,500.
Small businesses will be able to apply for rebates through Solar Victoria from late May this year.
This is the first time solar rebates will be available for Victorian small businesses, which can now join the thousands of households that have become part of the government’s Solar Homes Program. Over the next three years, 15,000 businesses can apply and reduce the upfront cost of the installation of an approved solar system.
Stakeholders including representative bodies such as the Council of Small Business Victoria, Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Victorian Small Business Commission were consulted during the development of the program. They are supportive of this new initiative that will assist hardworking small businesses to reduce costs, recover from the impacts of COVID-19 and join the renewable revolution.
Small businesses that meet the following criteria will be eligible for the rebate:
- Be the owner of a business that employs at least one person, not including the business owner, and less than 20 people
- Operate from premises that are non-residential.
- Operate from premises that are individually metered
- Have your system installed by a Solar Victoria approved solar retailer as detailed on Solar Victoria’s website
- Install a solar system with a PV capacity size up to 30kW, and detailed on the Solar Victoria approved product list.
When the portal opens, business owners will need to provide the following information to demonstrate their eligibility:
- A quote number from an approved solar retailer
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- WorkCover Employer Number (WEN)
- Certified Rateable Remuneration as reported to WorkSafe Victoria for the prior financial year (or this financial year if no remuneration was reported last year)
Businesses that rent or own their business premises in a different legal name will also need to provide a copy of the Landlord and Tenant Guidelines and Consent Form.
For more information on the program and application process please visit solar.vic.gov.au/solar-small-business