During this program you will refresh your knowledge of:
- The value of HSRs to workplace safety
- The importance of consultation
- Hazards and risk management, including how to determine levels of risk and controls
- Issue resolution processes
- Legal framework and the OHS Act 2004
- What is reasonably practicable
- Provisional Improvement Notices
- The role of inspectors
This course is suited to HSRs and deputy HSRs who have completed the HSR initial OHS training course.
Under the OHS Act (section 67) all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs who have completed an initial training are entitled to attend refresher training for each year they hold the position and choose their training provider in consultation with their employer.
This program is part of the Health and safety representative pathway designed to give HSRs the skills, knowledge and confidence to represent their designated work group and to help make their workplace safer.
The pathway also includes HSR initial OHS training course.