You’ll gain the knowledge and skills to effectively handle difficult situations and have the confidence to hold professional discussions and achieve positive results.
This course gives practical tips and tools for ensuring a consistent and fair approach to changing staff behaviours associated with poor performance, motivation and conflict.
Our leadership development pathway, which includes all three courses, is five days of face-to-face workshops.
This course is aimed at those responsible for team leadership and performance.
This course will increase your knowledge of:
- Proven methods for optimising your team’s results, including navigating problems of poor performance in a systematic way
- Consistency and fairness in decision-making
- Managing performance to achieve better results
- How to have the ‘difficult’ conversation
- How to identify underlying causes of poor performance and behaviour
- How to discipline staff appropriately, including conducting interviews and maintaining documentation
This program forms part of our leadership development pathway designed to foster contemporary leadership capabilities over a period of time. The pathway includes The effective new manager,Day-to-day management and supervision of staff and From manager to leader courses.
If you’re new to a leadership role, we recommend you build on your experience over 12-18 months by attending each course in the order presented. If you’re an experienced manager, you can enter the pathway at any stage by choosing the program that best reflects your learning needs. This course also offers a great pathway to the Diploma of Management.