This course is run over 5 sessions which include two full-day workshops (Days 1 & 5) and three half-day workshops (Day 2, 3 & 4) and commences with a 360 degree assessment and one-to-one coaching session.
Your course fee includes:
- 5 workshops (one workshop per month) with lunch
- A ticket to two Victorian Chamber networking events
- A 360-degree feedback questionnaire and a two-hour one-to-one report debrief and career development planning session with a psychologist
- Presentations from guest speakers
Workshop one: You as a leader (8:30am – 4:00pm)
This workshop will examine the importance of the diversity agenda and typical characteristics of successful corporate and small business leaders. You will reflect on your own leadership ‘brand’—your skills, behaviours and leaders. You will also look at the attributes that prevent you from reaching your goals. You will share your experiences and challenges with other participants and identify the change you want to affect in your workplace, forming the basis of a personal development plan and workplace project. A guest speaker, networking opportunities and lunch is included.
Workshop two: Communicate with influence (8:30am – 12:30pm)
This session will give you practical strategies for communicating with influence, a critical skill for a successful leader. You will practice new techniques and how to adapt them for different situations, such as meetings and during difficult conversations. You will hear from a guest speaker on personal brand who will talk on ‘The Art of Authentic Self-Packaging’. The session will conclude with a networking lunch.
Workshop three: Leadership ‘skill build’ (8:30am – 12:30pm)
Improve the way you lead and manage a team: how to manage poor performance, motivate others and resolve conflict. Participants will bring to the session a current workplace challenge. A networking lunch is included.
Workshop four: Resilience (8:30am – 12:30pm)
Better understand your emotions and how they can affect your job performance—both negatively and positively. This session will see you practice mindfulness, emotional regulation and stress reduction techniques to help you build resilience and self-control. A networking lunch is included.
Workshop five: You as a coach and Finding balance and moving forward (8:30am - 4:00pm)
You as a coach
This session will introduce you to a framework for successful coaching, to help you influence the behaviour of others—an important skill for a leader. The session includes real-issue coaching practice and focused feedback. A networking lunch is included.
Finding balance and moving forward
The first half of this session will explore ways you can find balance in your life, to more confidently navigate the challenges of work-life balance participants and reflect on what it means as you move forward on your leadership journey. In the second half of the session, you will share your learnings from your workplace project with other participants and reflect on how we can transcend the under-representation of women in leadership roles. The session will conclude with a guest speaker and an opportunity to network over lunch.
During this program you will:
- Gain insight into your leadership style and performance against key leadership competencies
- Build support networks and sponsorship opportunity
- Participate in a workplace project that will allow you to affect immediate change in your workplace
- Identify and address self-limiting beliefs and attributes
- Define your personal style to dress with more authority
- Develop coaching skills, improve the way you lead and manage a team, and increase your ability to communicate with influence, to build leadership confidence
- Build personal resilience and self-control through mindfulness, emotional regulation and stress reduction techniques
- Build confidence to more successfully navigate the challenges of work-life balance
- Prepare a personal develop plan to build your leadership capability beyond this course
This course is suited to women from all industry sectors who are in a management or leadership role, including small business owners.
About the facilitator
Vicki Carter is a registered psychologist with more than 15 years' experience in leadership coaching and human resources management. Accredited in a wide range of psychometric tools, she specialises in helping new, mid-level and senior managers fulfil their leadership potential through enhanced interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. Professionals from a range of industries have benefited from Vicki's strengths-based approach, which includes personalised advice on stakeholder management, leadership style effectiveness and personal wellbeing. In addition to this six-month program, Vicki regularly facilitates Victorian Chamber short courses on topics such as personality types in the workplace, emotional intelligence and working with aggressive and challenging behaviours.