Employment law continues to evolve and as a business it is vital that you understand and keep up to date with key decisions and developments in all areas of workplace relations including unfair dismissal, general protections, bullying, and enterprise bargaining.
In this two hour briefing we will examine recent decisions to ensure businesses understand how the law is interpreted and applied to enable them to adopt fair practices and have confidence in their processes and decisions. We will also explore how the Fair Work Commission has exercised new powers to help you understand where to focus your efforts and invest your time.
This briefing will focus on:
- Recent unfair dismissal decisions including the development of workplace relations laws which relate to the gig economy and the interplay between privacy and dismissal.
- Orders made by the Commission in response to Anti-Bullying applications as well as understanding when the Commission will dismiss an application.
- General Protections claims made during the probationary period.
- Recent developments and examples of when the Commission will exercise its discretion in respect of minor procedural errors when deciding whether or not to approve an Enterprise Agreement.
- Practical tips and helpful insights for all businesses.
This session will be delivered by our skilled Workplace Relations specialists and will help to ensure that your business is protected by being on top of the latest developments.