In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Victorian Chamber has set up a dedicated service for non-members to receive support for industrial relations matters. The service will include over-the-phone advice, webinars, fact sheets, newsletters and other resources.
The Fair Work Commission has announced a 2.5% increase to the national minimum wage and the minimum wages prescribed in modern awards. The increase will take effect
in three stages:
- Group 1 - from the first full pay period that starts on or after 1 July 2021.
- Group 2 - from the first full pay period that starts on or after 1 September 2021.
- Group 3 - from the first full pay period that starts on or after 1 November 2021.
The webinar will cover:
- What is the National minimum wage
- Changes to the minimum wage
- Identifying which awards are included in each group
- The impact of COVID-19 on the Fair Work Commissions decision
We encourage business owners, HR practitioners of various levels of seniority and managers to join this webinar to ensure you are well equipped to navigate these changes.
This session was originally recorded on 14 July 2021.
This information was correct at the time of broadcast. This does not constitute formal legal advice. The Victorian Chamber accepts no liability for actions taken as a result of this broadcast.