Our health safety and wellbeing team has the skills and experience to help you manage the bends in the road and achieve the best possible outcomes for both your business and your injured workers.
Our training courses
Workers’ Compensation Fundamentals
This comprehensive, one-day workshop covers everything you need to know about how to effectively manage workers’ compensation in your organisation.
The workshop is facilitated by one of our experienced consultants and includes group work, recent case studies and multimedia. Whether you are a workers’ compensation beginner or wish to broaden your existing experience, you will benefit from our in-depth exploration of the following key areas:
- The ‘why’ of workers compensation - origins and principles of the system
- Workers’ compensation performance in Victoria and nationally
- The Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 - the main obligations of employers and employees
- The role of key players in the system: understanding Agents, Occupational Rehabilitation Providers, Return to Work Coordinators etc.
- Understanding how liability is determined, including for psychological injury claims
- Making accurate payments - an overview of employee benefits including leave entitlements and superannuation etc.
- Mastering your workers’ compensation premium - how to achieve sustainable, long-term reduction
- Getting people back to work - proactive early intervention theory and practice
This one-day course is suitable for anyone with workers’ compensation responsibilities as part of their role.
Find a public training session or contact us to enquire about running this training at your workplace.
Our consulting services
Is your workers’ compensation premium out of control? Are you experiencing challenges dealing with your agent, or a difficult case that you are unsure of how to resolve? We offer our members and clients a broad range of consulting services to address these workers’ compensation challenges and more, including:
- Advocating on your behalf when you are experiencing poor support from your agent
- Assistance with managing ‘stuck’ claims: resolving the long-term, challenging complex workers’ compensation matters
- Premium analysis and strategies to achieve durable premium reduction
- Advising on the viability of self-insurance
- Suitable duties manuals: a comprehensive manual of all suitable alternative duties that can be offered to injured employees as part of a graduated return to work plan
- Functional capacity assessments of injured employees
This list of services is not exhaustive. Please contact us to discuss your requirements in greater detail.