Does your business have a digital technology problem you need help with to solve?
For many small to medium sized businesses (SMEs), it is difficult to find the time and resources to implement digital solutions and keep on top of the day-to-day pressures of running a business. For students it is difficult to kick-start a career without some relevant experience and professional connections. This program bridges the gap for students and for business.
SummerTech LIVE program matches Victorian businesses with digital needs to tertiary students/recent graduates and educators to innovate, help solve technology problems and support digital transformation. The program operates as a paid studentship, during the summer break. Students/recent graduates will receive $5,000 for their participation. The program is delivered at no cost to businesses. Educational mentors will receive up to $1,000 per student participating on the project.
The SummerTech LIVE studentship will include:
- A challenging technical problem from which both students/recent graduates and the participating business can derive business insights and meaningful outcomes.
- At least one academic staff member from the education partner to act as supervisor, provide technical expertise and liaise with the student and business.
- A dedicated mentor from the business who has the time available to collaborate on the project.
- Meaningful paid work experience for the student(s)- offering opportunities for developing innovative, creative thinking, problem-solving abilities and job-ready skills.
- A tripartite agreement will need to be entered by the education partner, business and the students detailing Intellectual Property conditions, expectations on the outcomes of the project and the hours committed by the business, supervisor and student(s).
The scope and length of the project is open to the academic supervisor and business to decide. Projects usually span between 10-12 weeks to allow enough time for the project to be delivered as agreed.
Applications for Businesses close on the 1st of November 2021. Businesses must apply directly to the Victorian Chamber by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and completing the application form.
The Victorian Chamber will be contacting tertiary institutions directly to invite participation.
Interested students should register directly with their tertiary institutions before the 1st of November 2021.
Applications have now closed for the 2021 SummerTech LIVE program.
Business applications will be assessed by the review panel and applicants will be informed of the outcome before the 16th of November 2021. Successful applicants will be matched with an educational institution in late November, early December. The business and educational institution will agree on the project scope and resources.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org